Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I've been doing lots of reading lately...basically getting into the details of some programming, especially regarding the Mozilla Framework. Something I think that would be neat/good/etc is a new kind of Mozilla suite with a different purpose: to provide a range of open source cross-platform engineering tools. Things from 3D CAD systems to FEA tools to mapping tools, and maybe even some Matlab/Labview style tools. I was thinking a good name for it might be Vizilla, to emphasize the graphical nature of the program. I've been reading a lot about XPCOM, but I haven't gotten far enough yet to see exactly what needs doing. I understand Gecko does the web browsing for Mozilla products, so I'm not sure if that'll be something to replace with a more suitable graphics tool, or if it's so deeply embedded in Mozilla that it'll be hard to get out.

Anyways, in other news, I started thinking that it would be nice to run Lisp scripts in Mozilla products, kinda like Javascript, but have it set up like Autolisp where you can issue commands to do this or do that, or a whole buch of thises and thats. I did a quick search in Google for something like that, and I actually came up with something...NYC lisp is doing a Summer of Code project called Firelisp, but it was already past the deadline. So, I applied anyways, but nothing so far.

Back to reading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home