Monday, December 05, 2005

I got back from my last company visit last week, and boy oh boy, it's cold in Michigan. I seem to have brought back a sore throat with me, but I can also boast a 3-for-3 success rate in that if I have a site visit with a company, they end up wanting to hire me.

In other news, I was reading the Dilbert blog tonight, and there was a post on how to tell if a movie is good (dilbertblog.typepad.com). Scott Adams uses the "rave reviews" source as a determining factor, but I've found my own way to tell if a movie is bad. Toothy-smile count.

If you look at the box cover, the number of people with big smiles is directly proportional to how bad the movie is. I think it has something to do with the basis of the movie being one of a "feel good" nature. "Little Women" from December 1994 is a perfect example of this: there are 5 beaming faces on the front cover. If we look instead at the movie "First Knight" or "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl", how many bright smiles do you see looking at you? Precisely zero.

I'm sure that exceptions about, and that I haven't done enough research to broadly justify my claims, but given the five minutes I spent looking into it, I believe it warrants consideration as anecdotal evidence.

And that's good enough for me. :|

(By the way, you can tell this was a good blog post, because the "smiley" at the end wasn't smiling.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home