Friday, March 31, 2006

Usage data for Google Notes

I must say, I'm pretty pleased with how well Google Notes is catching on. The graph below should give you a feel for how well it's doing.
Basically, the yellow dots (which look like a line) represent each new "account" created, where an account is a unique email & keyword combination. The blue dots represent the last time each account was updated.

In this three-month display (since Google Notes was launched) we can make some observations. First, in mid-February, Google added the module to their website list of 3rd party modules (www.google.com/ig/directory), and that's when it really started to take off.

Next, there are over 5000 accounts, and about 20% of those are actively used. That is, about 4 in 5 users try the module and either (1) change one of their settings and never use the created account, or (2) remove the module either immediately or within a day or two.

We can also see two other groups of users, which I've marked off with faint green lines: There appears to be a set of users that make almost daily use of their notepad modules, and another set that uses their modules every few days to a week. As for myself, right now I probably fall into the latter category, but I think it's cool that the first category even exists.

At any rate, I just wanted to say thanks to all my users and share some of the success with you. I don't know how to specifically define success, but to me, it's just the feeling of "That's cool!" when I look at a graph of the usage data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home